Monday, November 30, 2009

Paranoia Night (Christmas Style)

Dear friends,

(This is an unofficial Board Games club event but I'm using the, as many of you are local gamers who might be interested)

WHAT: Paranoia RPG night
WHERE: Cullen's house*
WHEN: Sat. Dec 12th, 7 PM (after dinner)
WHY: Serve the Computer citizen.
WHO: 4-5 players who express interest. (E-mail me)


Some of you have played Paranoia with me in the past, and I found an old Christmas themed adventure that I had once worked on a few years back. I thought it might be cool to get together and do a 1 night mission. The date I am looking at would be Sat. evening, 7 PM on Dec 12th.



GETTING YOU THE MATERIALS (via e-mail)
I have recently scanned in the Players handbook into a PDF format. I would be happy to e-mail it to anyone who expresses interest in playing with us. We can even meet online for an hour if anybody has any questions or problems rolling up a character, although I think it is simple enough to follow the rule book that nobody should get lost.


WHAT IS PARANOIA?
For those of you who have never heard of this game, it is a RPG (Role playing game) in which different people make up characters and play them much like actors, using dice to determine random events or checks. Paranoia takes place in a post apocolyptic underground world, run by a massive super comptuer (who happens to be paranoid). PC's get 6 clones and as they die (and they will) different clones arrive on the scene to ensure the mission gets done.


WHAT YOU MIGHT NEED:
Pen/Pencil
Dice (we have extras)
Lap top. (Chat room purposes, Viewable maps, blog access, etc)
Prozac for your nerves & Tums for your stomach. :-)


WARNING:
The fun/horrific part of Paranoia, is that while the team must work together to complete the mission, they tend to work secretly to eliminate one another, but can never do this publically. This makes Paranoia a different sort of role playing, one which can make 'team-work' PC's upset or angry. So before playing, it is important to remember that this game is cut-throat and not personal, since you will be betraying your own teammates at the most inopportune time.


MISSION OBJECTIVE:
The Computer has requested the presence of 4-5 Trouble shooters for a one night Christmas themed mission. PC's clones (known as Team Scrooge) will report to XMAS sector and stop the holiday of Christmas (High Treason) from occurring. I would tell you more, but it would be treason for your PC's to know any of the cute details. It should be a fun filled night.


* (foot note) I'm happy to host, but if we get more southern players, if somebody closer or more centrally located wishes to host instead, I am flexible. I will go where there are players.

No comments:

Post a Comment